The people and organizations that raise the most money crowdfunding for their favorite charities are successful because they:
- Tell engaging and personal stories to connect people to their fundraiser in an authentic way.
- Set realistic fundraising goals.
- Develop a plan to promote the fundraiser and rally their personal networks via multiple channels.
- Demonstrate impact.
- Keep their community updated on their fundraising progress through email and social media.
- Brand their fundraising page.
- Stand out by making their fundraisers unique and fun to grab people's attention. For example, "I'm going to write the name of ever donor on my arms and legs on race day."